Saturday, December 1, 2012

To My Super Hero Husband

Since this was our first ever anniversary, I thought I'd go all out with a cool gift idea.  I have been planning it out for weeks.....being sick has totally ruined all of that for me.  I didn't get it all put together like I wanted to.....but he loved it and was super happy so I guess that's all the really matters! If I haven't mentioned it before, Josh happens to be Chris Hemsworths biggest fan. Like he has the ultimate man crush on Thor...its actually pretty hilariously cute and funny. I saw a gift idea on pinterest where a wife gave her husband a gift every hour on his birthday at the same time. She did whatever number of gifts and then he got to open each one at 11:08, 12:08, 1:08 etc. I thought that was cute so I thought I'd do 13 total gifts to represent 1 year of marriage and the 13th to represent the future. I let him open them all at once cause it felt silly to wait if we were gonna be out and about all day...
So I decided to theme these gifts as super hero stuff, specifically Thor in honor of the husbands man crush. Let me tell you....there is much memorabilia and knick knacks and such for the Avengers in general, but most everything revolves around the hulk or iron man...neither of which are Thor....this was harder than I planned but I was determined.
So here are the gifts below, each with a description since I never finished the poems that went with each gift. Everything was wrapped in Avenger paper cause that's the closest thing to Thor...

 
 
Here is all of the loot unwrapped.
 
The following are in no particular order....mostly cause I'm lazy and also because that is just way too complicated....
 
 
A Thor CD for my music loving man.  Whether it becomes the soundtrack to your life, or some new music to lay down some sweet new drum recordings for, I hope it's epic.
 
A Thor mousepad for my computer geek.
 
A Thor Hammer car decal, for your beloved FJ.
 
A Thor Bobblehead, because who doesn't need a bobblehead for their desk?
 
 
A Thor mug, for the wonderful husband who makes me coffee since I suck at it and his is the best.
 
 
 
Thor Cologne, so you can smell like the super hero you are.
(I ordered this online because I just couldn't pass it up, especially after reading the description on the box(below).  Whether it smelled terrible or not, he was getting it.  And it smells amazing.  We both love it!)
 
20121201_102421.jpg
 
 
 
A Thor story book, to gaze at the beautiful pictures of Thor, to one day read to our children, or just to actually get you to read.
 
A custom hand painted Thor Antenna ball, again to deck out the beloved FJ.
 
A Thor armor tee.  To dress like the super hero you are.
 
A Thor USB, to conquer all things on the computer.
 
Thor headphones to listen to your epic music. (And so I don't have to hear it blasting all the time.) 
Thor Stickers.  Jus because.
 
20121201_102238.jpg
And a Thor puzzle, because you are the missing piece in mine and because we are an ever growing puzzle that I hope is a beautiful piece of art when our lives are through.
 
Happy Anniversary Husband!  Don't know how I'll top this one......guess I'd better get to thinking now!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment