Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Annual Christmas Baking/Shopping

Every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving, we bake Christmas cookies, make fudge and other cutesy Christmas food to give to friends and neighbors.  Last year I ruined that tradition since we needed about 1000 sugar cookies made for the wedding that was 5 days away......oops. HA!

This year, we made Hot Cocoa Balls, Chocolate Sugar Cookies (NOT recommended, they are gross), and regular sugar cookies.  I'm hoping to do some chocolate dipped pretzels with cute Christmas sprinkles too, but we'll see if I get around to that.......

We baked most of the day, from noon to about 9pm.  I thrououghly enjoyed it, obviously, since I was the only one around still decorating the cookies by the time they were done.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we always take a shopping trip to get some Christmas shopping done.  The stores are generally empty on this day, because all the fools who were out for black friday are still sleeping.  And there are still some really great deals if you are willing to drive to a few stores.  There is nothing on the planet of earth that I need bad enough to wait in lines at midnight or to save $40 on....I think Black Friday is absolutely the dumbest thing on planet earth.  But whatever.  I officially wait until this day to break out any cheesy holiday tees.  I chose the Happy Who-lidays with Cindy Lou Who from the original Grinch by Dr. Seuss.  Hopefully I will find some more to add to my collection this year.

Our shopping trip was very much successful, I am waiting on 3 online orders and I want to pick up a 5 more small items when I have an evening off to get to the store and then we are completely DONE. YAY!  I've started wrapping gifts so there is something besides empty space under the tree.  I just love having the presents wrapped up and looking pretty well ahead of time!

Also, for the 2 people who read this......I'm trying to start a collection of Nativity themed ornaments.  They don't need to be overly expensive, I just want each one to be different.  If you are out doing Christmas shopping and happen upon some that look cute and aren't 15 dollars a piece, let me know please so I can travel to this establishment and buy them!

The countdown to anniversary is on!  Just 4 more days til I get a quiet weekend away!  Hopefully the Husband's present will get here in the mail before then and hopefully I'll have some inspiration for the poem to go with that just doesn't seem to be coming to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment