Sunday, October 31, 2010

boots with the fur

no this is not about the rap song and girls with bootlicious pants or boots with fur...it's about my new boots, they have fur, though it is definitely not the real stuff, and they definitely don't go with apple bottoms...i highly doubt i'd be caught dead in those jeans ever in my lifetime-largely cause i'm not a gangsters girlfriend and i am too cheap....and i'm pretty sure they are way more expensive than my boots with the fur anyway and that is pushing it cause the boots, though cheap, were still more than the 20 dollars that i like to spend on things. so no apple bottoms for me!  about my boots, cause that is what's important here-i got a super lovely deal at the payless down the street-and they are super comfy and even though i'm not a hugely large fan of the little pom pom things that wrap around, i am a hugely large fan of their comfy warm insides and the fact that they are all black and can go with anything i need them to. A+. and they were less than $50, and we got half off on another pair of shoes-yay BOGO! they did not however have the second pair of boots that i wanted to try on in the store, which bummed me out, but i think i like these wayyy better anyway so i'm not as sad-and they will be perfect for helping to keep me warm in the chilly land known as birmingham come next week! at first i was worried that it would be lame of me to wear boots there considering i think it's gonna be freezing cause their weather is like it is here in our coldest part of december-but i have been told that i will not be a loser freak and the only one wearing boots-thank goodness cause i was worried! lame desert girl that i am ha.  i am however slightly concerned about my packing situation.......my suitcase is huge-and while i'm staying for a almost a week for vacation, i have discovered that there are a lot more clothes needed when staying in a colder climate-so much for packing light this go round! big stuffed suitcase it is- i feel like it was slightly obsessive to find all my clothes for the week that i'll be gone, buttttttt i'm rather excited and it is just ten days away now so i feel it is okay to pack early! my justification is that i must make sure it all fits-you can never have too many jackets... or long sleeves, or warm fuzzy socks.  hopefully miss leia's family will not think i am a total freak  with all of my warm clothes!
on another note-it is halloween and i am doing nothing! i would love to at least carve a pumpkin with my boy or something-hopefully that will all work out for next year!  no trick or treaters come to our house so should be a quiet night-especially since joshua and his roommate jesse are having a game night-more like man date, but he'd kill me if i called it that ha :) have a super awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment